Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) is 8 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) estimated approx 4 hr.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style) using 29 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Oxtail soup was considered a luxurious food in my hometown, Jakarta, Indonesia. In the 70s, it was only sold in five star hotels such as Hotel Borobudur. Nowadays, it can be found in more restaurants. It is said that oxtail is the softest, most tender part of beef. The bony part makes it suitable to make natural beef broth. #CookpadLunch
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style):
- 3 pieces large oxtails
- 2 liters water
- Stir fry mix
- 3 medium sized shallots
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sized onion (or 3/4 large ones)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- Soup broth
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 whole cloves (or 1 teaspoon of ground cloves)
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon salt (can be more or less as you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon pepper to taste (white or black or mixed)
- 3 stalks spring onion chopped
- Generous amount of deep fried shallots/onions (6 tablespoon +)
- Beef stock cubes (optional)
- 6 medium carrots (or 4 large ones) chopped
- 2 large potatoes (or 3-4 smaller ones) chopped
- 1 tomato (or 8 cherry tomatoes) chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large lime cut into 8 wedges
- 1 stalk spring onion chopped
- Deep fried shallots/onions
- Chili sauce (any type will do eg. Sriracha)
- Steamed white rice
Steps to make to make Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style)
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Boil the water, add the oxtails, then put to low heat (level 1 or 2 in an 8 level induction stove).
Note: the water does not need to be precisely 2 liters but needs to cover the oxtails + extra 2 cm.
- Chop the onion, shallots and garlic (stir fry mix), heat butter or ghee in a frying pan then stir fry the mix until onion is translucent (about 2 mins).
- Chop the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and cellery.
- Add the stir fry mix, soup broth ingredients, chopped tomatoes and chopped celery to the soup.
- Leave the soup at low heat for at least 3 more hours. Check every 30 mins to see if the oxtail meats are soft enough. Once they are soft, chop them into smaller pieces and return them back to the soup, then add chopped potato & carrot. Do a taste test and add more salt, pepper, beef stock cubes and other spices if necessary. Leave on low heat for another 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat. Enjoy the soup with squeezed lime juice, deep fried shallots/onions, spring onions and chili sauce.
Note: traditionally, this soup is eaten together with steamed white rice soaked inside
As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will find that you have extra natural control over your diet as well as adapt your diet regimen to your individual tastes over time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that utilizes fewer or more ingredients or is a little basically zesty, you can make straightforward adjustments to achieve this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes promptly. As for fundamental cooking skills for newbies you do not require to discover them but just if you master some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and simple lunch recipes but its good something to chew on. Ideally this will certainly obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Recipe of Favorite Oxtail Soup (Indonesian Style). Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!