Steps to Make Speedy Pastitsio
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Pastitsio. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pastitsio is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Pastitsio is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Pastitsio, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Pastitsio delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Pastitsio using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
An amazing pastitsio recipe (a layered pasta and mince dish) that has been passed down from generation to generation. This is my grandmother's recipe, which was then my mother's, then became mine, and now it's yours!
Recipe by stroumfita
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Pastitsio:
- 500 g various grated cheese or kefalotiri cheese
- 1 1/2 packets macaroni No3 (usually long, thick, hollow pasta)
- For the mince layer
- 750 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 500 ml Passata
- ground nutmeg
- 500 ml water
- 200 ml red wine
- For the bechamel sauce
- 7-8 tbsp flour
- 250 g butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can water (use the now empty milk can)
- 300 g grated cheese (this portion is taken from the 500 g grated earlier)
- 1 level tsp ground nutmeg
Instructions to make to make Pastitsio
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- Strain the pasta using a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the pot and return the pasta into the pot tossing it well to coat it with the melted butter. Leave it aside to cool.
- Preparing the mince Sauté the onion and mince in the heated oil until the mince is browned.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, passata, salt, pepper, nutmeg, water, and allow to simmer for approximately 40 minutes (or until most of the liquid is reduced). Just before removing the mixture from the heat, add the wine. Let the mince mixture to cool.
- To prepare the bechamel sauce Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat, and add the flour, whisking constantly till flour is lightly browned.
- While whisking constantly, pour in slowly the evaporated milk, water, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and finally add the grated cheese. As soon as the sauce thickens, remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a well greased ovenproof dish, place 2/3 of the pasta to create a bottom layer. Level out and sprinkle with some of the remaining 200g grated cheese.
- Next spread the mince on top of the pasta.
- Cover the mince with the remaining pasta, and more of the grated cheese.
- Cover the whole pastitsio with the bechamel sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, which will add extra flavour as well as a golden colour to the finished dish.
- Place dish in the pre-heated over and bake for approximately 1 hour.
As your experience and confidence expands, you will discover that you have extra natural control over your diet regimen and also adjust your diet plan to your personal preferences in time. Whether you wish to serve a recipe that makes use of less or even more ingredients or is a little bit more or less spicy, you can make straightforward adjustments to accomplish this objective. To put it simply, begin making your dishes on schedule. As for fundamental food preparation skills for novices you do not require to discover them however just if you understand some basic food preparation methods.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast and also simple lunch recipes yet its great something to chew on. Ideally this will obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Easiest Way to Make Ultimate Pastitsio. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!