Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf estimated approx 30 minutes.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
This recipe is easy and also tasty, the thing is the preparation that takes time a bit. You know you have to peel off all the ingredients, chop them off then blend them in a blender or grind them using traditional stome and mortar.
The cooking process doesn't take that much energy because basically you just need to put them in a steamer then leave them to cook.
The recipe varies from one place to another, this is how we make our pepes 😊
It's hard to explain how to wrap the chicken in the leaf so for more info please reffer to Google or Youtube.
Why do the banana leaf have to be grilled first? It is to make them softer and more shiny and to release its aroma.
Hope you like it and give it a try!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf:
- Other Ingredients:
- 5 Indonesian bay leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed and cut into 10 parts
- 2 green onions, cut into 2 cm
- 10 birdeye chillies
- 1 bunch thai basil leaves
- 12 champignon mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Chicken powder
- 5 banana leaves that's been grilled a bit and cleaned
- Toothpicks, 5 divide into 2 to make 10
- Main Ingtedient;
- 1/2 kg chicken, divide into 5 or any kind of chicken parts
- Turmeric Paste:
- 15 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 10 garlics, peeled and chopped
- 10 candlenuts
- 4 cm turmeric, peeled and chopped
Steps to make to make Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf
- Blend the turmeric paste ingredients in a blender until it becomes a paste. Or you can use stone mortar and pestle.
- Put your chicken in a bowl. Add in the paste, salt, sugar, pepper, chicken powder and coconut cream. combine them all until well coated. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Take your banana leaf. place in the middle of the leaf and take 2 or 3 chopped green onions, some basil leaves, 2 Indonesian bay leaves and some paste. Add 1 chicken, add another paste, add in 2 of your birdeye chilles, some basil leaves, another green onions, some mushrooms and some paste. Fold then secure with some toohpick. Do until everything is finished.
- Steam in a preheated steamer until cooke about 15-20 minutes.
As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adapt your diet plan to your individual preferences with time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit basically hot, you can make easy changes to achieve this objective. In other words, start making your dishes in a timely manner. As for standard cooking skills for novices you don’t require to discover them however only if you master some easy cooking methods.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and also easy lunch recipes but its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will certainly get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Recipe of Ultimate Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!