Recipe of Homemade Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is 4 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise estimated approx 2 hours.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The pressure cook does a really good job in this falling-off -the-bone short ribs – if you don’t have half a day to slow cook (and just as good or better!). The Port wine adds sweetness with depth and star anise the licorice like spice, but these can be switched to suit your taste.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise:
- 4 short chunks (12-3cm) of beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 star anise pods ground (or ground nutmeg)
- 5 garlic cloves: 3 grated/crushed and 2 minced
- 2 leeks: white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots: cut in to 2cm chunks
- 1 Thumb size ginger: peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup Port wine (or Madeira or red wine)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (chives/tarragon/ parsley etc.) for serving – optional
Steps to make to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise
- Rub the short ribs with the bay leaves, salt, pepper, star anise and grated garlic. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 1 hour or preferably more. (leave the beef in room temperature if just for an hour)
- Brown the ribs on all sides on a pan or skillet on high heat. Place them in the pressure pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium, wipe off the excess beef fat with a paper towel and sauté the minced garlic, ginger, leek and carrots with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the same pan – 5 minutes. Add flour and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the Port and stock to the pan. Pour everything over the ribs in to the pressure cook. Cover and cook in high pressure for 40 minutes. (If using slow cooker, cook on high for 5-7 hours)
- Once cooked, transfer the ribs to a large bowl/plate and keep warm(or cover in foil). Cook the sauce and vegetables left in the pot to reduce liquid for 3-5 minutes. Mix the sauce with a mixer for a smooth gravy(optional). Pour it over the ribs, garnish with herbs and serve.
As your experience and confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have a lot more natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet to your personal preferences in time. Whether you want to serve a dish that uses fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit more or less zesty, you can make straightforward adjustments to accomplish this objective. To put it simply, start making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental cooking skills for beginners you don’t need to learn them however only if you grasp some simple food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and easy lunch recipes however its good something to chew on. Ideally this will get your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Easiest Way to Make Perfect Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!