Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew estimated approx 1 hour 30 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Traditional Cuban dish but very popular in Puerto Rico and the caribbean. This is what I call Comfort Food. Just add some white rice and tostones and you're set! 😉
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 large Onion
- 1/2 large Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup Green Olives
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sofrito
- 1 envelope Sazon
- 1 envelope Chicken Bouillon
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro (optional)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb Flank Steak (approximately)
- 1 Bay Leaf
Steps to make to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your meat. Cut into 3 big slices.
- Add EVOO to a large (somewhat deep) pan and brown the meat on medium to low heat. At this point we just want to brown the meat not completely cook it so only about 5 minutes on each side.
- In the mean-time, slice the onion and green pepper and chop the garlic and cilantro.
- Once meat is browned, take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add vegetables (onions, green peppers, garlic). Add more EVOO if necessary. Cook until onions are translucent then add sazon, chucken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, stock and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add meat to sauce. Cover and cook on Low for about 2 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreddable.
- After 2 – 2 1/2 hours, shred beef inside the pan with 2 wooden spoons (or forks). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro, cover pan and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes and Enjoy!
As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have extra all-natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet regimen to your personal preferences in time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that utilizes less or more components or is a little bit essentially spicy, you can make easy changes to achieve this objective. To put it simply, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for basic food preparation skills for beginners you do not require to learn them but just if you understand some basic cooking techniques.
This isn’t a complete guide to quick and simple lunch dishes however its great food for thought. Ideally this will get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!