Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce is 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce using 38 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
We eat oftenly satay as morning snack bought from the street food vendor who passed in front of my house. There are a few varieties of satay in Padang's subburb, but the one I love the most was this following recipe below.
I make this Padangnese Beef Satay which has a delicious thick yellow gravy (kuah kental). Put on a charcoal BBQ or grilled in the oven then served on a banana's leave as bed on a plate,accompany with Ketupat cakes cut into chunk pieces (is a Compact Rice cooked pressed in young green coconut leaves weaved) & with red Kerupuk Crunchy chips.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce:
- 600 gr Rump Steak beef,slice 1cm thinly, tenderize w acid fruits
- then cut into even 1x2x3 cm pieces
- 300 g beef tongue, slice & cut into 1x2x3 cm
- 200 g beef heart, slice& cut into 1x2x3cm
- 40 Bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water from the kettle for 1 hr
- For sauce:
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 1 tbs tapioca flour or maidens flour
- 100 mls Water from the kettle
- 600 ml beef broth
- For spicy paste:
- 8 fresh red chilies
- 10 shallots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 cm fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 3 cm fresh galangal (lengkuas) chop finely
- or 1 tsp ground galangal
- 4 cm fresh turmeric chopped finely or 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 2 stalks lemongrass, crushed on the white part
- 2 tbs whole rounded coriander or 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Spices: 2 star anise, 3 cloves, 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 big white onion chopped finely, fried in oil until dark brown
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 Curry leaf
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves or lemon leaves
- 4 Bay leaves (daun Salam)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, crushed on the white part
- 1 Tbs Tamarind paste (1 piece kandis acid)
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel (optional)
- to taste Rice Bran Oil
- 6 Ketupat cakes(see image)or rice Lontong cut 2.5cm thick
- Topped with crispy fried onions:
- 3 big Onions,chopped finely.In a wok put 1cup of Rice Bran oil,
- Heat oil on medium heat,then put the onions&stir-fry until color
- golden dark brown, remove, set aside
Steps to make to make Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce
- Put in a blender fresh red chilies,shallots,garlic,whole coriander,salt,star anise,cloves:blend them all into a fine paste.In a large wok put 4 tbs oil,heat the oil in medium heat then saute the paste,ginger,galangal,lemongrass until fragrant.Then put 900ml broth,the meat,fried paste,kaffirlime &bay leaves,cumin,salt.Turn on the heat.Towards the end of cooking, 20' before the meat is tender add the beef tongue&hearts.Cook until water runs out from the meat&the meat is tender.Turn off the heat.
- Remove lifting out the cooked meat,heart &tongue onto a large plate&filter on a colander the Spicy Broth onto a glass bowl.In a small bowl put the Rice flour,Tapioca flour&100ml of water;stir until dissolved.On the stove put a medium pot,pour the mixture into the pot,turn heat on medium:cook keep stirring until thick then pour the Spicy Broth,mix&cook while keep on stirring until combined.Season to taste.Turn off, remove the pot, set aside this thick yellow Satay Sauce for the beef on skewers.
- Insert the pre-cooked beef meat,tongue&hearts alternately into the skewers.With a large pastry brush, rub over the meat with steak fat oil then set aside on a large plate.To those who don't have a Charcoal BBQ can grill the meat on skewers under the grill of a preheated oven, turn the temp on high to 200 degrees Celcius.
- When the guests are coming,place the skewers under the grill,make sure that the fat oil is on all over the meat,keep on looking that the meat dont burn.When the meat is already golden brown cooked on one side then turn the skewers on the other side brushing again with the fat oil on the meat;watch out that the meat aren't burnt! Cook until golden.Remove all the skewers,put into individual plate,which base is covered with a large softened banana leaves&top with Ketupat rice cakes cut into chunks.
- To serve: on a plate, the base covered with banana leaf then top with Ketupat rice cake or Lontong rice (sausage shape)that are cut into chunk pieces. To serve the guests individually: Put 6 skewers on top of the Ketupat or Lontong, then pour the yellow thick Satay Sauce on top of the meat.Topping: sprinkle with abundant crispy fried onions. 😚😋
As your experience and self-confidence grows, you will locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet as well as adapt your diet to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you intend to offer a dish that uses less or even more components or is a bit more or less zesty, you can make basic adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, start making your dishes promptly. As for fundamental food preparation skills for newbies you don’t require to discover them however only if you master some basic cooking techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast as well as easy lunch dishes however its excellent something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly get your creative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Sate Padang Kuah-Kuning🇮🇩 Satay Padang with Yellow Thick Sauce. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!