Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Scouse pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Scouse pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Scouse pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Scouse pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Scouse pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Scouse pie is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Scouse pie estimated approx 7 hours.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have Scouse pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
#MyCookbook recipe 24
Scouse is the typical meat stew from Liverpool region (liverpudlians also known as scousers) and this is my go back to recipe for cold winter months. But as I always have enough for two dinners I have tried it as pie filling to serve with pickles or a soup. You can use ready made pastry but I have included basic pastry recipe.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Scouse pie:
- 400 g organic beef diced
- 300 g organic lamb diced
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 parsnips
- 2-3 carrots
- Black pepper
- Oxo cubes x2
- Worcestershire sauce
- 700 g potatoes cubed
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Dash salt
- 125 g butter
- 125 ml ice cold water (as required)
Instructions to make to make Scouse pie
- Chop onion finely and sautee in olive oil. Do not let it burn.
- Diced the meat to smaller cubes than I would use normally for the scouse. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and brown the meat. Splash with worcester sauce cook out and reserve with the softened onion
- Soften chopped carrot and parsnip a bit in leftover meat juices. Reserve with meat
- Dice 2 of the potatoes very finely. We want them to break up while cooking. Add to the slow cooker with rest of ingredients
- Top with cold water to cover potatoes. Add crumbled oxo cubes and cook on high for 2 hours
- After 2 hours add rest of potatoes chopped to the slow cooker. Reduce the heat to low and cook for further 3 hours. Stir and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce if you like
- Make a pastry mixing flour, butter, egg yolk and water in a bowl. Knead until dough soft and doesn't stick to the surface. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 40-50 minutes(or you can use ready made short crust pastry)
- Roll with rolling pin. Use 2/3 of the pastry to cover bottom of pie dish.
- Fill pie dish with cold left over scouse. Dampen edges a bit. Roll rest of the pastry and cover pie dish. You may want to press edges together by hand or with fork.
- Make a couple of holes to let air out so that pie doesn't explode. Brush a bit of beaten egg for shine
- Bake on medium oven 160°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have extra all-natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet plan to your personal tastes over time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that makes use of less or more active ingredients or is a little bit essentially zesty, you can make basic changes to attain this objective. Simply put, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to basic cooking skills for newbies you don’t require to discover them yet only if you understand some simple cooking techniques.
This isn’t a total overview to fast and easy lunch dishes however its good food for thought. Ideally this will obtain your creative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your household without doing a lot of square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Recipe of Award-winning Scouse pie. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!