Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Slow Cooked Beef Rendang
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Slow Cooked Beef Rendang. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Slow Cooked Beef Rendang is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Slow Cooked Beef Rendang is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Slow Cooked Beef Rendang, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Slow Cooked Beef Rendang delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Slow Cooked Beef Rendang is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Slow Cooked Beef Rendang estimated approx 4hrs 30min.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook Slow Cooked Beef Rendang using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Slow Cooked Beef Rendang:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 800 grms stewing beef – cut into large chunks (approx 3-4cm)
- 1 large brown onion – peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic – peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger (or 2 tsp of ginger paste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 lemongrass stalks – discard the outer leaves, and finely slice the lemongrass (you can replace this with 2 tsp of lemongrass paste)
- 2 red chillies – chopped. I use hot red chillies as the heat cooks out during cooking
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tbsp dark brown muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 800 ml (28 oz) full fat coconut milk – (2 x 400ml cans)
- To serve
- Basmati Rice
- red chillis chopped
- Spring Onions
Steps to make to make Slow Cooked Beef Rendang
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F and place a large cast iron casserole dish on the hob (stove top).
Add 2 tbsp of the oil and heat on a high heat.
Mix the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper, and coat the beef chunks with the flour.
Place the beef in the hot oil and brown (you may need to do this in two batches). Remove from the pan and place the sealed beef in a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and then add in the onion. Turn down the heat and cook slowly for a couple of minutes, Turn down the heat and cook slowly for a couple of minutes whilst stirring (scrape up any crispy bits on the pan as you go).
- Add in the garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook for another couple of minutes whilst stirring. At this point, you may find that the base of the casserole dish is starting to get quite brown and the onions may be beginning to stick a little. If so, add a splash of cold water to prevent the pan from burning.
- Add in the lemongrass, chillies, tamarind paste, ground coriander, pepper, cinnamon, lime leaves, sugar and salt. Mix together and allow to cook for a minute.
- Add in the coconut milk and bring to a gentle bubble, stirring to ensure nothing is sticking to the base of the casserole dish.
- Add the beef back in and stir. Place a lid on and put in the oven. Cook for 90 minutes – giving the curry a stir after 45 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, give everything a stir again and ensure nothing is sticking, then remove the lid and continue to cook in the oven, uncovered for another 2-2.5 hours. Stir very gently every half an hour (to ensure you don’t break up the beef chunks).
- Towards the last hour of cooking time, you’ll see that the sauce is going darker and the oil is separating and rising to the top.
If you like a bit of sauce with your rendang then take your rendang out of the oven when there is a bit of oil on top, and is still quite saucy underneath.
- If you prefer your rendang drier, then leave to cook for longer. Keep a close eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn. Stir gently and often. Drain any remaining oil off before serving. Gently stir the rendang, and then serve with rice and sprinkled with strips of spring onion
As your experience and self-confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have extra natural control over your diet and adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes over time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that makes use of fewer or even more ingredients or is a little essentially spicy, you can make simple modifications to achieve this objective. To put it simply, begin making your recipes on schedule. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for newbies you do not require to learn them however just if you master some straightforward cooking methods.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and also simple lunch dishes yet its good food for thought. Ideally this will get your innovative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food Recipe of Quick Slow Cooked Beef Rendang. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!