Recipe of Ultimate Venison & Kidney Pudding
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Venison & Kidney Pudding. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Venison & Kidney Pudding is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Venison & Kidney Pudding is something that I have loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Venison & Kidney Pudding, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Venison & Kidney Pudding delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Venison & Kidney Pudding is 5 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Venison & Kidney Pudding estimated approx 3-4 hours including prep.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have Venison & Kidney Pudding using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
As we move into the colder months here in the UK, comfort food is definitely appreciated! You just can’t beat a traditional suet pudding like this one. A steak & kidney filling is a classic, but as I’m mostly surrounded by local venison where I come from, I’m always more likely to use this instead! It can be tougher than beef, so slow cooking and patience is required with this dish, but I promise you it pays off greatly!! You could also use lamb shoulder with this recipe.
#mycookbook #suetpudding #pie
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Venison & Kidney Pudding:
- For the filling
- 580 g venison foreleg, diced
- 4 lambs kidneys, diced
- 6 large chestnut mushrooms
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 large/4 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150 ml red wine
- 150 ml rich beef stock
- 2-3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Knob butter
- 2 heaped tsp cranberry jelly
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Plain flour, for coating the meat
- For the suet pastry
- Butter, for greasing
- 285 g self-raising flour
- 125 g suet
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
Instructions to make to make Venison & Kidney Pudding
- First, making the filling. Pat the venison fry with kitchen paper and lightly coat in the plain flour. Melt the butter and 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy based saucepan. When the butter is foaming, add the meat and just brown all over in the oil. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add a little more oil to the pan you just used for the meat and add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, then pour in the red wine to de glaze the pan. Add the venison back into the pan along with the stock and bring to the boil, simmer and cover for about 20 minutes.
- Add more stock if the sauce looks too thick. Add the rosemary, cinnamon stick, cranberry jelly and allspice. Put this into a slow cooker or slow oven at 140 degrees C for 2 hours.
- Add the diced kidney and carrot and put back into the slow cooker or oven for a further 1.5 hours.
- Add the mushrooms and put back for a final 30 minutes. Check for tenderness and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool completely
- When you are ready to cook the pudding, first, liberally butter a 1.2 litre pudding basin.
- Next, make the pastry. Mix all the pastry ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Gradually stir in water until you have a soft? Slightly sticky dough. You’ll need around 225ml water.
- Divide off roughly a quarter of the dough (for the pastry lid). Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the bigger piece of pastry to to around a 12in diameter circle. Use this to line the pudding basin, leaving the excess pastry hanging over the edges. Roll out the smaller piece of dough to a size large enough to form a lid for the basin.
- Spoon the cooled venison filling into the pastry-lined basin. Dampen the edges with water and top with the pastry lid. Press the edges together to seal using your thumb and forefingers and trim away the excess pastry neatly.
- If your basin doesn’t come with a lid, put a piece of foil big enough to fit over the top of the basin and come halfway down the sides, making a pleat down the middle to allow for expansion. Tie it in place with some string, making a string handle so you can lift it when topping up with water. Pour about 3-4cm hot water into your pressure cooker and lower the pudding into It. Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the pressure cooker and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Then, using a small sharp knife, release the side of the pudding from the basin. Put a large plate over the pudding and invert it, so the pudding comes out onto the plate and serve straight away!
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have more natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet to your personal preferences gradually. Whether you wish to offer a dish that utilizes fewer or even more components or is a little basically hot, you can make basic adjustments to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental food preparation abilities for novices you do not require to learn them but only if you master some simple food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a total guide to fast as well as easy lunch dishes however its excellent something to chew on. Ideally this will certainly obtain your creative juices moving so you can prepare delicious meals for your household without doing a lot of heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Make Perfect Venison & Kidney Pudding. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!