Steps to Make Ultimate Beef Guinness Stew
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Beef Guinness Stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Guinness Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Beef Guinness Stew is something which I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Beef Guinness Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Beef Guinness Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Beef Guinness Stew is 4 Servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Beef Guinness Stew using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Beef Stew is a simple dish. You cook Beef and Vegetables in stock OR water until soft and season with Salt & Pepper. Guinness Beer is popularly used, and many people add Tomato Paste and Herbs. There are many different methods, and this is how I cook it. I have found it difficult to cook everything in my stew pot that is not very large, so I use a frying pan. Cook Bacon, Beef, then Onion and Garlic, all separately in a frying pan. It is super easy and anyone can cook this Stew.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Beef Guinness Stew:
- 1 kg Beef for stewing *e.g. Casserole Beef, cut into chunky 4-5cm pieces
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Plain Flour *optional, read 'Step 1'
- 80 g Bacon *cut into small pieces
- Oil for cooking *I used Canola Oil
- 1 Onion *cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
- 1 can (440 ml) Guinness Beer
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Carrots *cut into chunky pieces
- 2 Celery Stalks *cut into chunky pieces
- 2 cups Beef Stock OR Stock of your choice *Note: I used 2 cups Water and 1 Stock Cube
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2-3 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Sugar *optional, read 'Step 8'
- Mashed Potatoes to serve
Steps to make to make Beef Guinness Stew
- Cut Beef into chunky 4-5cm pieces, season with Salt and Black Pepper, and coat with Plain Flour. Prepare other ingredients. *Note: Flour coating will help to thicken the soup. You can omit it.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, cook Bacon pieces. When nicely browned, transfer Bacon pieces, but not with oil, into a pot that you use for stewing.
- Cook 1/2 Beef pieces, turning over occasionally, until browned. Transfer to the pot, add extra Oil to the pan, cook remaining 1/2 Beef pieces, and transfer to the pot.
- Lower the heat to medium, add a small amount of Oil if required, cook Onion for a few minutes, add Garlic, and stir. Add Guinness Beer, stir and scrape all the yummy stuff on the pan, then pour everything into the pot.
- Add Tomato Paste, Carrot and Celery, then add Beef Stock (OR Stock of your choice). Add extra Water if necessary, just enough to cover.
- Add Bay Leaf and Thyme, cover with a lid, and bring it to the boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove any unwanted scum on the surface, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1-2 hours OR until Beef is soft. *Note: Today I cooked 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and remove unwanted Fat and Oil on surface. Taste the soup and add extra Salt (probably you won’t need any) and Black Pepper to taste. A small amount of Sugar might improve the flavour. Simmer further 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- *Note: If you need to thicken the soup more, add a mixture of Corn Starch and Water (OR Flour and Water). You won’t need a lot. Make sure the mixture is smooth and thin.
- Serve with creamy Mashed Potatoes. *Note: I sprinkled with some fresh Thyme leaves.
As your experience and confidence expands, you will find that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan and also adapt your diet to your personal preferences over time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that utilizes less or more active ingredients or is a bit essentially spicy, you can make simple changes to attain this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for beginners you do not require to discover them yet just if you master some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full overview to fast and also very easy lunch dishes however its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will certainly obtain your creative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious meals for your household without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Quick Beef Guinness Stew. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!