Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
"Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) is 2-4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) estimated approx 20'.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Super easy, hearty and nutritious – I loved this dish as a kid. My mum was an intensive care doctor so always short on time, and this was the dish she would make in the morning for our lunch. Great for left overs too. You can "sneak" in other vegetables in too, like small pieces of cauliflower.
For vegan version, just omit meat.
#onepotmeal #quickrecipe #easyreicpe #kidfriendlyrecipe #busymomrecipe #peas #peastew #chickenstew #chicken #pea #carrot #healthy #healthyrecipe
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly):
- 500 g Green Peas / Petit Pois
- 200-300 g Chicken breasts or turkey breast
- 1 medium onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tsp garlic powder, granules or 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tbs oil (optional)
- 2-3 cups water (or veggie or chicken stock)
- 1 low sodium vegetable stock cube
- salt to taste
- Dried mixed herbs (optional)
- (white) pepper to taste
- Fresh dill or parsley (optional)
Steps to make to make "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly)
- Finely chop onions or blend them in food processor. I didn't like onions as a kid, so this was a good way to "hide" them in the dish. Fry them in a bit of oil until translucent, or just cook them with a bit of water for a healthier version. Use medium heat. In the photos I have just cooked them in a bit of water until they grow translucent.
- Cut chicken / turkey breast in chunks – this makes them cook faster and it's easier to serve. Add chicken to the onions; add salt and pepper and garlic and stir so that chicken gets white on the outiside but doesn't cook through, otherwise it will be too rubbery during cooking,
- Add carrots. I slice them relatively thinly as they cook slower than peas, and start with them. Add 1-2 cups of water until carrots and chicken are covered. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to soften the carrots, longer if you have thick slices. They should be after but not fully cooked before you add peas.
- Add chicken and/or vegetable cube (I use no sodium organic like Khalo), salt a bit of pepper and garlic powder if you are using it. You can also add dried mixed herbs here.
- Once carrots are sufficiently soft, add frozen peas and mix well.. Add a bit more water if needed, keeping in mind that frozen peas will let out water as well. Here I have nod added any.. (You can also use chicken or or veggie stock instead of water.)
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until peas and carrots are soft. It doesn’t take long. Water will evaporate and the starch from peas will thicken the stew. If you've put too much, water in it will take longer to do this and the peas may overcook,so best is to start less water and to add as you go along. You can also leave the lid off if you want the water to evaporate faster.
- It keeps well in the fridge for a few days and can be easily reheated by kids 🙂 enjoy!
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will find that you have more natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet regimen to your personal tastes with time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that uses fewer or more ingredients or is a bit essentially spicy, you can make straightforward adjustments to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes in a timely manner. As for fundamental food preparation abilities for newbies you don’t require to discover them however just if you understand some basic food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total guide to fast and very easy lunch recipes but its great something to chew on. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food Recipe of Speedy "Busy Mom" Quick and easy Pea, Carrot & Chicken Stew (vegan friendly). Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!