Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo)
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is 2 – 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This recipe holds dearly to me as a friend of mine introduced me to this traditional Thai dish.
Pad krapow is one of the most popular and easy dishes from Thai cuisine.
The key ingredient is the Holy basil (bai krapow) which is stir-fried. It's what makes the dish. Along with a source of protein such as meat, fish or tofu, garlic, fresh chillis, seasonings and green beans (optional). Giving the perfect balance of sweet, salty and spicy.
Pad krapow is a fast food. In Thailand this dish is available from early morning to late evening in food stalls. Thai people like to eat it for lunch, or if they have a sudden urge of hunger and fancy something quick and tasty.
It has become a favourite of mine to cook as its so quick, simple and just super tasty.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this dish as much as I do.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo):
- 7-10 green chilies (green or mix of red, add as much or as little depending on spicy tolerance)
- 7-9 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 bag runner beans, finely sliced into circles
- Cooking the meat:
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil (frying meat)
- 500 g any mince meat (beef, pork or chicken)
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (add more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoon sugar (palm or white, use more or less)
- 1/2 cup water (add more or less depending on preference)
- 1 packet holy basil leaves (basil leaves), separated from stalk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, frying egg (any oil of preference)
- 1 egg (per serving), fried
- 1 lime, sliced into 4 to 8 wedges
Instructions to make to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo)
- Cut the chillis in half and transfer along with the garlic to a pestle and mortar. Gently crush garlic and chilies together, until you get a coarse paste. Tip: If you don't have a mortar, as an alternative use a blender instead.
- Wash the runner beans in a sieve, drain the excess water and cut of the tops and bottoms. Then place back into the sieve. Get a small amount of runner beans on a chopping board. Cut the runner beans into roughly half an inch, small circular pieces.
- Place onto a plate and repeat until all runner beans have been cut and set aside.
- Grate the palm sugar block over a small bowl (or use white sugar) and set aside.
- In a wok, add and heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Now add the chilli and garlic paste and fry until fragrant (the aroma and spiciness is realstes) stirring occasionally to not burn the garlic.
- Once aromas fills the kitchen add the mince meat to the wok. Break up the mince meat with a spatula into small pieces. Stir the mixture frequently, until the mince is almost cooked.
- Add the runner beans to the mixture and stir occasionally until the soft and cooked. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the oyster sauce, soya sauce and fish sauce to wok. Thoroughly mix together. Add palm sugar (white sugar), water and stir well. Once combined taste it and adjust (if needed add more soy, oyster sauce fish sauce or sugar). It should have a sweet, salty and spicy flavour all at the same time.
- Turn the heat to low and let the runner beans cook to desired softness. Then add the basil leaves and let it cook for a minute, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Now time to make the fried egg. In a pan on medium heat, add a tiny amount of oil and let it heat up. Oil is ready when it becomes shimmery and very loose. Crack the egg into a small bowl and gently place in the pan.
- Let the egg cook for a few minutes. Do not move the egg, the whites will slowly begin to set. In the meantime, in a small bowl scoop some rice. Mould the rice and transfer to a serving bowl and set aside. Add some of the stir fried beef with holy basil onto the serving bowl. Go back to check the eggs.
- When the whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your preference (I like my yolk runny). Remove from the pan immediately and place over the rice. Tip: if you prefer your yolk a bit more cooked, once egg is crispy on the edges flip it over gently. Cook the other side for a minute and turn off heat.
- Its ready to serve. Eat immediately while hot. Serve with one or two lime wedges (squeeze lime over the dish before eating).
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will certainly find that you have more all-natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet regimen to your personal tastes in time. Whether you want to serve a dish that utilizes fewer or more ingredients or is a little more or less hot, you can make simple modifications to accomplish this objective. In other words, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. As for basic cooking skills for novices you do not need to discover them yet just if you grasp some straightforward cooking techniques.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and simple lunch dishes yet its good something to chew on. With any luck this will get your creative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food How to Make Ultimate Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo). Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!