Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot is 3 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot estimated approx 1 hour.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Pure comfort food, this hot pot tastes amazing and is a perfect family meal. The crispy potato topping covers a creamy herby sauce that enrobes chunks of tender chicken, soft leeks and salty nuggets of bacon.
#hotpot #chicken #bacon #leek #milk #winterfood #familymeal #dinner #lunch #healthy #potatoes #rosemary #thyme #bayleaves #comfortfood #herbs
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot:
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and sliced into very thin circles, (4mm),
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks,
- 4 bacon medallions, chopped into fine lardons,
- 1 leek, ends trimmed off, sliced into fine rings,
- 4 sticks celery finely sliced,
- 3 handfuls baby leaf spinach,
- 1 large shallot, finely sliced,
- 1/2 chicken stock cube in 200 ml boiling water
- 100 ml whole milk or milk alternative,
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp cold water,
- 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard,
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1 tsp garlic purée,
- 1.5 tsp dried rosemary,
- 1 tsp dried thyme,
- 2 bay leaves,
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cooking oil for frying
Steps to make to make Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot
- Heat around 2 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add in the leeks, bacon, shallot and celery. Fry on a medium heat for around 2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the dried herbs and garlic paste and stir through. Continue to fry, stirring occasionally until the leeks and shallot have softened.
- Preheat the oven to 200 (fan). Add the chopped chicken breast pieces into the saucepan and stir through and brown off all sides. Add in the wholegrain and Dijon mustard. Stir.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add in the bay leaves. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add a lid and simmer on medium low for around 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn't catch.
- Par boil the sliced potatoes in boiling water for around 3-4 minutes so they are a tiny bit softer, drain off and then pat dry with kitchen towel to remove the excess moisture. Season with a light drizzle of oil, salt and pepper plus a sprinkling of dried rosemary.
- Pour 100ml of milk into the hot pot filling now that the stock has reduced down by about 80%. Remove from the heat. Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt down. Add in the cornflour slurry and stir through gently until the sauce thickens up. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Season with a little more salt and pepper if needed.
- Take your pie dish and spoon in the chicken mixture. Level out neatly then layer the seasoned potatoes over the top so no gaps are visible. Sprinkle over a little more dried rosemary if desired.
- Bake at the centre of the oven for approx 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp and golden and cooked through. Serve up and enjoy with your chosen sides. I like having some tender stem broccoli. 🙂
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet plan and also adapt your diet to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you want to offer a dish that makes use of less or even more active ingredients or is a little more or less hot, you can make easy adjustments to attain this objective. In other words, begin making your recipes on schedule. When it comes to standard food preparation skills for newbies you do not require to learn them but only if you understand some simple cooking methods.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast as well as very easy lunch recipes however its great food for thought. Hopefully this will obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty dishes for your family members without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Perfect Chicken, Bacon & Leek Hot Pot. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!