Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh) is something which I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh) using 17 ingredients and 39 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Zereshk is a Persian name for dried fruit of barberry. Zeresk is widely cultivated in Iran. It is used in medicines, for preparing jam, tea, syrup, salad, juice and cooking rice or stew.
This dish is incredibly tasty, full of flavour and beautiful with lovely colour. Zereshk polow is an Iranian classic and ceremonial dish, made with rice mixed with barberry ( zereshk) and chicken(morgh) in tomato/saffron sauce. This sauce gives wonderful colour to the morgh.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh):
- 4 cups rice
- 1 cup zereshk (Barberries), washed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 onion, very finely diced
- 1-2 potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 flat bread
- 30 g butter
- 1 Tbsp Persian saffron water (I know Saffron is expensive, so if you would like reduce amount of saffron, that is fine, but it gives lots of flavour and beautiful colour)
- Ingredients for morgh (chicken)
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast/thighs
- 1 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 orange juice
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Persian Saffron water
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- to taste Salt- cayenne pepper
- 50 g butter
Steps to make to make Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh)
- First we need to make tomato sauce: melt the butter in a skillet, add tomato paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add squeezed orange juice and saffron water to the tomato and after 1 minute remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add diced onions, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then, add chicken pieces and let to fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups of water over the chicken, add tomato sauce and let to cook for 1 hour, stir 1-2 times occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and let to cook for 1 hour, stir 1-2 times occasionally.
- For making rice: wash the rice then in a bowl dissolve 2 Tbsp salt in 4 cups of cold water and let soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Bring the water to a boil, drain salty water of rice and let rice cook for 10 minutes. Then place the par cooked rice in a colander and rinse with tapped water.
- Pour some oil in the pot and place thinly sliced potatoes or flat bread in the bottom of pot.
- Then pour par cooked rice top of the potatoes.
- Place pieces of butter top of the rice.
- Cover the pot and let the rice cook over medium to low heat.
- Once rice is ready, mix 3-4 tbsp of cooked rice with saffron water and use it for garnishing top of the rice.
- Meanwhile, fry ½ diced onion in a skillet until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt butter In the same skillet, add washed barberries, saffron water and sugar. Saute over low heat for couple of minutes.
- Then add fried onion, mix together and set aside.
- Once rice is ready, transfer it to a platter, garnish with saffron rice, and top with fried barberries and chicken. And from bottom of the rice you will take fried potatoes or bread (tah dig) which is speciality of Persian cuisine.
Enjoy this beautiful dish.
- Crispy fried potatoes and flat bread from bottom of the pot. They are delish 🙂
As your experience and confidence expands, you will certainly find that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet and also adapt your diet plan to your individual preferences in time. Whether you wish to offer a recipe that makes use of less or more components or is a little more or less spicy, you can make simple adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, start making your recipes on time. When it comes to basic food preparation abilities for newbies you don’t require to learn them but only if you grasp some straightforward food preparation methods.
This isn’t a total overview to fast and simple lunch recipes however its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week Persian Barberries rice with saffron chicken (Zereshk polow BA morgh). Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!