Recipe of Favorite Scouse pie
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Scouse pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Scouse pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Scouse pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Scouse pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Scouse pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Scouse pie is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Scouse pie estimated approx 7 hours.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have Scouse pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
#MyCookbook recipe 24
Scouse is the typical meat stew from Liverpool region (liverpudlians also known as scousers) and this is my go back to recipe for cold winter months. But as I always have enough for two dinners I have tried it as pie filling to serve with pickles or a soup. You can use ready made pastry but I have included basic pastry recipe.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Scouse pie:
- 400 g organic beef diced
- 300 g organic lamb diced
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 parsnips
- 2-3 carrots
- Black pepper
- Oxo cubes x2
- Worcestershire sauce
- 700 g potatoes cubed
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Dash salt
- 125 g butter
- 125 ml ice cold water (as required)
Steps to make to make Scouse pie
- Chop onion finely and sautee in olive oil. Do not let it burn.
- Diced the meat to smaller cubes than I would use normally for the scouse. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and brown the meat. Splash with worcester sauce cook out and reserve with the softened onion
- Soften chopped carrot and parsnip a bit in leftover meat juices. Reserve with meat
- Dice 2 of the potatoes very finely. We want them to break up while cooking. Add to the slow cooker with rest of ingredients
- Top with cold water to cover potatoes. Add crumbled oxo cubes and cook on high for 2 hours
- After 2 hours add rest of potatoes chopped to the slow cooker. Reduce the heat to low and cook for further 3 hours. Stir and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce if you like
- Make a pastry mixing flour, butter, egg yolk and water in a bowl. Knead until dough soft and doesn't stick to the surface. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 40-50 minutes(or you can use ready made short crust pastry)
- Roll with rolling pin. Use 2/3 of the pastry to cover bottom of pie dish.
- Fill pie dish with cold left over scouse. Dampen edges a bit. Roll rest of the pastry and cover pie dish. You may want to press edges together by hand or with fork.
- Make a couple of holes to let air out so that pie doesn't explode. Brush a bit of beaten egg for shine
- Bake on medium oven 160°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown
As your experience and confidence grows, you will locate that you have much more natural control over your diet plan and also adapt your diet regimen to your personal preferences in time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that makes use of fewer or even more components or is a little more or less hot, you can make straightforward adjustments to achieve this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes promptly. When it comes to standard food preparation skills for beginners you don’t require to discover them yet only if you understand some simple cooking methods.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and easy lunch recipes but its good food for thought. Ideally this will get your creative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food How to Make Any-night-of-the-week Scouse pie. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!